May 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
- 2 cans Chili with Beans or 1 large can Chili with Beans
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- 1 pkg. Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- ⅔ C. milk
- 1 can Cream Style Corn*
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In an oven-safe baking dish, combine the chili, red onion, diced tomatoes, salt & pepper to taste. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Layer with shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornbread mix with milk, according to pkg. instructions. Add Cream Style Corn.
- Pour cornbread mixture over chili.
- Bake at 425º for 20-30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and chopped chives.
(Dish is even better if it sits overnight)
Source: Ms. Marvell Jacob