January 2, 2012 § Leave a comment
MEXICAN SPICY LASAGNA
1 pound, ground beef, 85/15
1 pound, ground pork
1 can, whole kernel corn, drained
1 can, black beans, drained
1, green pepper, finely chopped
1 medium, red onion, finely chopped
2 cans, red enchilada sauce
1 packet, taco seasoning mix
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
18, corn tortillas (6-inch rounds)
1 tablespoon, chili powder
1 tablespoon, vegetable or canola oil
½ cup, water
2 cups, sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
In large skillet, add oil to medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and pepper and cook for approximately 2 minutes, add ground pork and beef and stir occasionally until meat is almost completely browned. Add taco seasoning, chili powder, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper to taste, and brown thoroughly for several minutes until seasoning and meat mixture has melded completely. Add water to form slight sauce. Remove from heat and add corn and beans. This is ready to layer.
Preheat oven to 350° degrees. In a 13×9 baking dish add ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce to bottom of pan to light coat. Add 6 tortillas to cover the dish. Add 1/2 of the filling mixture and spread evenly. Add 1/4 cup o cheese to lightly spread across mixture. Add another layer of 6 tortillas and the remaining meat mixture (no cheese on this layer). Add the remaining 6 tortillas for the top layer. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce across the top of the tortillas. Add the remaining cheese evenly across the top of the lasagna.
Bake for 35-40 minutes in a 350° degrees oven. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Very good with sides of sour cream, guacamole, and chopped lettuce.
By: Kenneth Bargers
May 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
- 2 cans Chili with Beans or 1 large can Chili with Beans
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- 1 pkg. Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- ⅔ C. milk
- 1 can Cream Style Corn*
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In an oven-safe baking dish, combine the chili, red onion, diced tomatoes, salt & pepper to taste. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Layer with shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornbread mix with milk, according to pkg. instructions. Add Cream Style Corn.
- Pour cornbread mixture over chili.
- Bake at 425º for 20-30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and chopped chives.
(Dish is even better if it sits overnight)
Source: Ms. Marvell Jacob